Christmas Rice Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion, celery and peppers in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a full boil. Remove from the heat. Quickly stir in rice, celery mixture, pepper, and, if desired, salt. Cover and let stand for 6-7 minutes. Stir before serving.
1/2 cup: 156 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Read more, here.
Richvale, CA 95974