January is prime time for bald eagles in Sacramento Valley rice fields. Jim Morris video montage from the Richvale area of Butte County.
Monday, January 25, 2021
Friday, January 22, 2021
Sriracha Mayo Chicken Rice Balls
Here is what you'll need!
2 cups diced chicken, fully cooked
⅓ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sriracha
½ cup onions
½ cup celery
4 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Drizzle of oil for pan frying
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together the chicken, mayonnaise, sriracha, onions and celery. Set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl, combine the rice and soy sauce.
3. With wet hands, take a handful of rice in one hand, press together and flatten.
4. Take a spoonful of the sriracha mayo chicken and place in the center.
5. Take another handful of rice and place on top. Using both hands, firmly press together the rice until you have a dense ball. Continue to form the rice until you have a fat triangle.
6. Pan fry the sriracha mayo chicken rice balls until lightly golden and crispy.
Monday, January 18, 2021
South Sutter Grinds
Large grinds of geese in Sutter County yesterday. Sacramento Valley rice fields are a vital rest and refuel stop for millions of birds along the Pacific Flyway. Jim Morris video.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Drone video flying over the rice community of Richvale and surrounding rice fields. Shot and edited by John Hannon.
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Oven Baked Chicken And Rice With Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Easy Oven Baked Chicken And Rice With Garlic Butter Mushrooms mixed through is winner of a chicken dinner!
Saturday, January 2, 2021
Creatures of the Mud
This muddy rice field in Sutter County is habitat for several bird species, including Wilson's Snipe, Killdeer and American Pipit. Jim Morris video.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)