Monday, August 29, 2022
Friday, August 26, 2022
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Boil 1 cup water and the rice, stir and let stand for 5 minutes covered.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add egg; cook until set.
- Add onion and rice; brown.
- Mix 1/3 cup water and soy sauce; add to rice.
- Simmer 5 minutes; serve.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
1. Herb Lemon Rice- 1 cup basmati rice, 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ lemon zested, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable), ½ lemon juiced (after cooking)
2. Coconut Rice- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, 13.5 oz coconut milk (400 mL; full fat), 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar), ½ teaspoon salt, 2 ¼ cups water
3. Saffron Rice- ¼ cup boiling water, pinch saffron threads (roughly ⅛ tsp), 1 cup basmati rice rinsed, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 ¾ cup stock (veggie or chicken)
4. Mexican- inspired Rice- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed, 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), 1 cup salsa, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
5. Cilantro Lime Rice- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed, 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), ¼ teaspoon salt, zest of 1 lime, 2 cups water, ½ cup cilantro leaves chopped, juice of ½ a lime (after cooking)
6. Pesto Green Rice- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed, 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), ¼ cup pesto, 2 cups stock (veggie or chicken), fresh basil leaves (to serve), sliced almonds (to serve)
7. Turmeric Yellow Rice- 1 cup basmati rice (rinsed), 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), ½ teaspoon turmeric, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
Read more, here.
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Ingredients Needed For Rice Recipe
- Olive Oil
- Jasmine Rice – my preferred type of rice, but you can also use any long grain white rice
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
Tips for Making Garlic Parmesan Rice in a skillet:
- My favorite type of rice to use for skillet rice is Jasmine, which is a long grain white rice.
- For best texture rinse the rice with water prior to toasting in the skillet. This will reduce the amount of stickiness you get when it’s finished cooking.
- To get the most flavor out of your rice, start by toasting the rice in the skillet before adding any wet ingredients to the pan.
- I like this rice so much because it’s a little creamy, super flavorful, and ultra simple to make. You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic flavor by adjusting that to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp butter and olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add rice, garlic salt and parsley and toast rice until just lightly browned.
- Add in water and 1/2 cup milk. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup milk and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy warm.
Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Brown meat, drain excess grease. Add vegetables and sauté until tender.
- Add in seasonings, rice and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is cooked. Serve!