- 1.5 cups wild rice blend
- 1 small leek (chopped and rinse well)
- 1 bell pepper -diced
- 1 carrot -grated
- 1/3 cup vegan white wine
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries -for garnish
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock or water
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig sage
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 splash water (or 2 tsp olive oil)
- Heat up a large deep skillet or pot over medium low flame. Add a splash of water (or a drizzle of olive oil) and the chopped leeks. Sautee with a pinch of sea salt until translucent.
- Stir in the grated carrot, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, bay leaves and red pepper flakes. Add the wild rice mix and stir well to combine. Allow it to toast together with the aromatics for a couple of minute.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper and one cup of the cranberries. Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced by half then add the vegetable stock (or water). Stir and taste for seasonings. Add more sea salt to your taste if desired.
- Bring the rice to a simmer, cover with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the flame but do not remove the lid. Allow the rice to sit covered for 10 to 15 minutes and continue cooking in its own steam.
- Discard the bay leaves and the woody sprigs from the herbs. Use a fork and gently fluff up the rice.
- Serve warm or cold garnished with the remaining cranberries and fresh herbs.
Read more, here.
Richvale, CA 95974