▢Le Creuset 3.75-Quart Braiser
▢8 tablespoon butter unsalted
▢1 large onion chopped
▢8 ounce mushrooms chopped
▢1 teaspoon salt or to taste
▢½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
▢½ tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
▢3 cloves garlic minced
▢½ cup white wine
▢1 ¾ cups brown and wild rice mix
▢5 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium
▢¾ cup craisins chopped
▢1 cup peas frozen
▢1 cup almonds slivered and toasted
▢2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add the onion and saute for about 2 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Add the mushrooms, stir and cook until the mushrooms cook down and are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the wine, let it come to a boil, and add in the rice. Stir until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stir, and bring to a boil. Cover the rice, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is almost cooked.
- Add the craisins, peas, half of the almonds and continue to cook (covered) for another 5 or 10 minutes. At this time you can also taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Garnish with remaining almonds and parsley.