Quick and easy Seasoned Rice dish bursting with amazing flavors from herbs and spices. A buttery, herby, and savory side dish that can be eaten on its own and goes pretty well with anything, too. It’s the ultimate comfort food perfect for the whole family! Plus, it requires very minimal effort to make and doesn’t cost as much.
2 cups (277.5 g) uncooked long grain white rice
▢1 tablespoon (14 g) onion powder
▢1 tablespoon (14 g) garlic powder
▢1 teaspoon (2 g) paprika
▢½ teaspoon dried thyme
▢1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
▢½ teaspoon (1 g) freshly ground black pepper
▢2 teaspoons (4 g) bouillon
▢¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
▢1 tablespoon (4 g) dried parsley
▢4 tablespoon s (56 g) butter
▢3 ⅓- 3 ½ cups (750 ml) chicken broth or water
- In a large saucepan or cast iron, combine the rice, onion & garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, bouillon, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, dried parsley, unsalted butter, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as it starts to bubble, cover and reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for about 18-20 minutes or until all the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes, add an additional 1 tablespoon of butter, if desired then fluff with a fork and serve.
- Garnish with dried parsley, if desired.