Ingredients for One Pot Chicken Rice:
- Boneless Chicken pieces- 500 gms
- Basmati Rice- 2 US cups measure (375-400 gms)
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Whisked Curd/ Yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Star Anise- 2
- Whole Black Peppercorns- 10-12
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Coriander Powder- 2.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Onions sliced- 2 (150 gms)
- Green Chillies slit- 2-3
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2.5 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 4 tbsp +1 tbsp for garnish
- Mint leaves, chopped- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Refined Oil- 3- 4 tbsp
- Thick Coconut milk- 100 ml
- Water- 500 ml
- Marinate the chicken pieces with items mentioned and set aside for 30 mins.
- Also wash and soak the Basmati Rice for 30 mins.
- Slice the onions, slit the green chillies and chop the coriander & mint leaves.
- Prepare the coconut milk or use readymade.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side. Sear the pieces on high to medium heat for 3 mins till browned. Flip on the other side and repeat the same for 3 mins on the other side. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon oil to the same pan and heat it.
- Add the whole spices, give a stir and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till light brown in color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the fried chicken pieces back to the pan and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add the coriander powder and Garam masala powder. Mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins till the chicken pieces are coated with the masala.
- Now add 100 ml coconut milk & 500 ml water and give a mix.
- Keep the heat on high and add slit green chillies, chopped coriander & mint leaves and 1 tsp salt.
- Give a stir and wait for the water to come to a boil.
- Add the drained rice to the boiling water and give a gentle stir. Cook the rice on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Again give a gentle stir, reduce the heat to low and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove the lid, give a gentle stir and cover and cook on low heat for another 5 mins.
- Once done, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and let it rest for 15-20 mins before serving.
Richvale, CA 95974
Post a Comment