Basmati rice pilaf ingredients
You only need a few basic ingredients to make this recipe. As always, the fewer the ingredients, the more important their quality.
- Basmati rice, rinsed in a colander under running water until the runoff is clear. The water will start out a milky color and, after a minute or two, will turn clear. That’s how you’ll know you’ve rinsed well.
- Onion, diced nice and small
- Plenty of minced fresh garlic
- Good broth (either veggie or chicken)
- Salt and pepper
How to make rice pilaf
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s what you’ll do. You can see all the steps in action in the video that accompanies this post.
- Find a wide, shallow pan with a lid.
- Rinse your basmati rice until the water runs clear.
- Melt butter in the skillet
- Sautee the onions until translucent and a tiny bit browned
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute
- Stir in the rice and cook for two minutes to toast
- Add broth and bring to a boil
- Cover the pan, turn down the heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Off the heat, place a clean kitchen towel between the pan and the lid, and leave it to absorb any extra moisture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
Find the recipe, here.