Here is what you'll need!
Paprika Chicken & Rice
5 chicken thighs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ cup red onion, diced
1 cup long grain rice
1½ cups chicken broth
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley.
3. On high, heat olive oil in a oven-proof pot and place chicken thighs, skin-side down, in the hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes or the thighs develop brown crispy skin and flip over. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes to brown the other side and remove from the pot.
4. Add the garlic and onions to the pot, and cook until the onions are transparent.
5. Pour in the rice and chicken broth to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, bringing to a boil.
6. Add the chicken thighs back into the pot, skin-side up, on top of the rice, bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
8. Optional: remove chicken thighs and broil for crispy skin.
Post a Comment