1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 cup white long grain rice
3 tablespoons white wine
1¾ cups chicken stock
Pinch of salt
- In a small pot over high heat, add the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the shallot, and cook until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and stir to fully coat with oil and shallots. Add the wine and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, put a lid on the pot and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 18 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let steam for 10 minutes.